Pages

Monday 4 July 2016

Don't be beautiful.

Since turning 25 in April, I have reflected back on my life and the things I wish I could have known when I was a teen.
If I could go back and give my 16 year old self some advice, it would be to worry less.
Worry less about how big your nose is because you are probably the only one that thinks it is that big.
Worry less about how much you weigh. You are already small for your age, if anything, you need to bulk up!
Worry less about boys. You are 16, boys are a waste of time right now. Focus on you.
Worry less about being beautiful. 
Worry less about pleasing others. Being a pushover will get you nowhere and will crush your future confidence in the abilities and talents you have.

Be funny, be kind, be caring, be generous, be adventurous, be positive, be present!

If you could go back and give your 16 year old self a piece of advice, what would it be?

Don't be beautiful.
They keep saying that beautiful is something a girl needs to be.
But honestly? Forget that. Don't be beautiful.
Be angry, be intelligent, be witty, be klutzy, be interesting,
be funny, be adventurous, be crazy, be talented -
there are an eternity of other things
to be other than beautiful.
And what is beautiful anyway
but a set of letters strung together to make a word?
Be your own definition of amazing, always.
That is so much more important than anything beautiful, ever.



Photo taken by Mark Buckle.

9 comments:

  1. Obsessed with your blog posts, always look forward to them! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are so kind! I love your blog! :)

      Delete
  2. This is so cute! I would give my 16 year old self the same advice:)

    https://smilewithshaleen.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it!

    http://susanpadronstylist.blogspot.com/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a similar post to 17 year old me and it's so amazing the things you can see clearly now that you couldn't then. But mostly, wouldn't it be nice if all teenage girls stopped worrying so much about boys??

    http://decoratethesoul.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Your teen years should be focused on who you want to become. Boys just get in the way!

      Delete
  5. Your posts are always so cool. :) I love how you end them with a quote...and this one is quite a quote to end on! Love it. And I'm digging the advice. It's odd how we focus on our supposed flaws, rather than living life fully. I would tell my 16 year old self not to worry either, and not to focus on her boyfriend of the moment. At the same time, I would tell her to enjoy every moment. And to take up running, because she will love it! :) :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you, Erin! I love when you comment. You always have such sweet words to say and I am they leave me inspired. Also, I think running is pretty great, too! :)

      Delete
  6. Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obeo m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help




    Hello everyone, am very happy to share this little awesome testimony about Dr olu a great herbal doctor who help me enlarge my penis size.3.2 cm to 8.3 cm longer with his herbal cream mixture, my girlfriend is now so amazed with the autonomous size of my penis , if you you are also in need of help on how to enlarge your penis to become bigger and stronger I adverse you to contact Dr on his email (drolusolutionhome@gmail.com) ) you or contact on whatsapp number +2348140654426 because he is one of the best herbal doctor that i can only show you up to, if your penis is 4.2 cm and want to get it reach 9.2 cm within three weeks i Dr olu is also specialized on obeo m breast and boobs enlargement i advise you to contact him for help

    ReplyDelete