Pages

Wednesday 15 April 2015

The Happiness Project.

Happy Wednesday, friends!

Before I rang in 2015, I told myself that I wanted this to be my year. 
A year of goals that I would surely accomplish. Goals like: accomplishing what I start, taking each opportunity as they come, seeing the brighter side, stay curious, and probably my favourite goal, read a variety of books. 
So far, I would say that I have been pretty successful at all four of those goals!

My secret to success: The Happiness Project, by Gretchen Rubin.

I read this book a little over a year ago and I loved it then, so I decided to read it again this year for some inspiration and guidance with my year. Reading it a second time was the best choice I have made! Gretchen has so many great points and ideas and goals that we all should be striving to achieve, one way or another. This book has truly helped me with my home life and my minimal social life (haha!). It has helped me think before I speak, learn to stop "nagging" and appreciate all  that is being done. My mind is clearer, my thoughts are flowing (I think yoga has also helped with this), and I feel like the imaginary weight on my shoulders has been lifted!

You are probably thinking (if you have not already read this book), "Is she serious? This book cannot be that good." And I would reply by saying that it would depend on two things: 1) It depends on if you are into these "self-help" books, and 2) If you seeking some guidance or want change in your life. If you are not into these types of books and are not looking for guidance or change, than this book probably is not for you. BUT, if you do like them and you are looking, this is an incredible book filled not only with Gretchen Rubin's experiments and experiences, but with her blog readers' experiences as well!

Check out Gretchen's blog http://www.gretchenrubin.com
"After all my research, I found out what I knew all along: I change my life without changing my life. When I made the effort to reach out for them, I found that the ruby slippers had been on my feet all along.."

- Gretchen Rubin, The Happiness Project, page 289

No comments:

Post a Comment